Saturday, July 19, 2014

DIY Flower Crown

think flower crowns are absolutely so beautiful and I also might have a slight obsession with them. Looking through Pinterest, I found a couple tutorials on how to make them and that inspired me to get started on my own. 



For your own flower crown, you'll need: 4-5 sheets of felt 
One roll of vine covered wire           
A couple of different types of artificial flowers(I bought mine from the dollar store and Joann's in bunches. You'll want a variety of small a big flowers for the best result)
A hot glue gun, scissors, and wire cutters

Start by cutting a circle of wire a little bigger than the size of your head. The reason I cut it a little bigger is because I twist the extra around the back. Like this:

After that, you can start pulling the individual flowers off of their stems and cutting off the bottom so they look like this:


Now you'll want to start cutting a lot of small circles out of the felt. You'll need 2 per flower and each crown uses 8+ flowers. 
When that's done, start putting hot glue on the the bottom of the flower and sticking a felt circle on it. This is what it should look like. 


When all your flowers that you want to use have felt glued to them and are ready, grab your wire crown and an extra felt circle. What you're going to do is put hot glue on the felt and while you're holding the crown, stick your first flower against one one of the sides. 


While the glue is hot, quickly stick the extra circle on top and push and hold with your fingers the front and back of the flower. Now that your glue is dried and your flower will stay, keep going all the way around the front of the crown until it is completely covered. If there are little spots where you see felt, add small flowers in between the two big ones and glue them in. 
I had enough flowers and other materials to make a total of four crowns and I love them so much! Here is my end result.





No comments:

Post a Comment